The 10 Best Wellness Resorts of 2019
Continue living your healthy lifestyle even on vacation
By Amber Nolan
Travelers visit wellness resorts for a number of reasons, including spiritual awakening, unplugging from the modern world, weight loss, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and simply being with nature. Wellness retreats vary depending on the type of experience you are seeking, but most tend to be located in a beautiful setting that is isolated from day-to-day distractions. Yoga, meditation, hiking, and other activities are often bundled into the hotel price, and accommodations range from basic, unexciting rooms to luxurious bungalows. Here are the best wellness hotels and resorts in the United States and Central America.
- Best Hiking Spa: New Life Hiking Spa (Vermont)
- Best Budget: Pura Vida Retreat and Spa (Costa Rica)
- Best on the Beach: Sansara Surf and Yoga Retreat (Panama)
- Best Spa Resort: Canyon Ranch (Arizona)
- Best for Solo Travelers: Sedona Mago Retreat (Arizona)
- Best for Weight Loss: Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa (Florida)
- Best for Views and Meditation: Art of Living Retreat (North Carolina)
- Best for Romance: Little Palm Island Resort and Spa (Florida Keys)
- Best Splurge: Amangiri (Utah)
- Best Pet-Friendly: Red Mountain Resort (Utah)
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. It is one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Dotdash Brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.